About the Library
The Carter/Johnson Leather Library, a non-profit 501(c)(3) (pending) organization, is a traveling collection of thousands of books, magazines, posters, art, club and event pins, newspapers, event programs and ephemera showing the Leather, fetish, and S/M erotic history of the gay, straight, and trans communities.
The Library includes:
- Early editions of "London Life," magazines of special interest such as the first article on S/M in a major publication
- The "Life Magazine" showing the Chuck Arnett mural of leather men
- The Arrest of Monique Von Cleef
- Complete collections of "Black Leather in Color," "The Leather Journal," "Dungeon Master," "Drummer," "Cuir," "Body Play" and many other magazines of the last five decades.
- DVDs of "The Story of O," "The Pet," "A Tour of the Leather Archives and Museum with Dr. Tony DeBlase," "Kinky," "Piercing Visions," "Blood Sisters," "Tattoo," "Out of the Darkness," "The history of the Satyrs Motorcycle Club," event DVDs and other titles to numerous to name."
- Rare books dating as far back as 1701
- Flagellation tracts from the 1700's
- A special section of limited editions from European and American publishers dating back to the 1800's
- Classic works of Von Sacher Masoch, De Sade, Trocchi, Rabelais, Boccaccio, and Ellis
- More modern writings of F.E. Campbell, Dolcet, Reage, Prescott and Vassi
- Serialized books such as Bizarre and original copies of "Bizarre Magazine," "Erotique," "Fantastique and Physique Pictorial" from the 1940 and 1950's
- Autographed copies from many modern writers and modern educational classics from Nazca Plains Publishing.